Friday, January 25, 2013

ToT Tip: Any Day You Learn a Lesson is a Good Day!

Some days are full of challenge. Some days feel like suffering.  Some days ...life just sucks.  Recently, even though I know better, I found myself having some of these negative thoughts.  I was complaining (to myself and God) about how hard this physical human thing is.  Then, my laptop crashed.  I hadn't backed up in weeks and had been doing a lot of writing.  Like a light switch, my crazy-on-fire writer took a nose dive into a state of misery.  Why me!?!  I got myself worked up and slipped into a real funk. A few days later I managed to climb out of that deep well of misery where the victim in me stumbled in the dark.  Once back in the light, I had an epiphany, of sorts.  I'd asked for it!  

I know that what I think and say comes to me. I've proven it to myself over and over.  And it's what I teach to others, for goodness sake!  My thinking (and complaining) about how hard being human is was like placing an order to the Universe.  The Universe simply answered my call. Hardship befell me. Quick and with precision.  

The light bulb moment actually made me laugh.  Soon, I ordered a new laptop.  And I remembered something my mom said one time when I was lamenting over something.  She said, "Any day you learn a lesson is a good day."

I learned and re-learned the lesson of watching my mouth, my thoughts, and my behavior—the importance of keeping them in check.  And that counting my blessings helps me climb out of that deep well of darkness. It was a few days of some good learning!  Thanks mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment